Message from the Chief
Read Police Chief Matthew Andrus's commitment for our campus and the mission of the BYU Police
Brigham Young University's state certified police department is committed to providing a safe and peaceful environment for the BYU community. By joining and working together with the students, faculty, and staff of Brigham Young University, we can create a strong, secure community for everyone to enjoy.
- Chief Matthew Andrus
The BYU Police facilitates an environment of peace and order for the BYU community by:
- Treating others with courtesy, dignity, and respect.
- Preventing crime and eliminating hazards.
- Teaching others how to protect themselves and their property.
- Detecting crime and apprehending violators.
- Enhancing service through the personal and professional development of department employees.