Brigham Young University’s state certified police department is committed to providing a safe and peaceful environment for the BYU community. By joining and working together with the students, faculty, and staff of Brigham Young University, we can create a strong, secure community for everyone to enjoy.
-Chief Chris Autry
The University Police facilitates an environment of peace and order for the BYU community by:
- Treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- Preventing crime and eliminating hazards.
- Teaching others how to protect themselves and their property.
- Detecting crime and apprehending violators.
- Enhancing service through the personal and professional development of department employees.